Thursday, November 25, 2010

Research on True Love: COMMENCE

So.
What the HELL is true love?
Becki has turned into the sexy detective to find out!
Sexy because I think being a detective is sexy.
Especially if you're Robert Downey Jr. in Sherlock Holmes.
Let's do some research!! :D [[Oh and by the way, I have not slept a WINK all night. It's thanksgiving day, so busy so busy and yet I've been up all night. I tried to sleep. But I was tossing and turning and eventually I just picked up a paper and pen and wrote and wrote and wrote. Now here I am.]]


I went to the most reliable source on earth: Urbandictionary.com. I know, it's kind of a dumb website but when it comes to TRUE love, I guess we better work with opinions first before we try to find some facts. Anyhow. This is what I found. And it's fucking fantastic.

"To define true love, would be to ruin it's purity, therefore, It has no definition.
There isn't an example even Shakespeare could describe."

↑↑
Word.


"When you drink a litre of coke before you go to bed just so you can lie awake all night thinking about her.
'It's true love, I stayed up all night on a caffeine high thinking about her.'"

↑↑
That one's just funny and I can't help it. :)

"True love is being corny but really meaning it. "

↑↑
I can accept that. I love corny.


[[This one is kind of long but it is my absolute favorite. YOU MUST READ IT.]]
"farting in bed then laughing with each other if it smells bad,
putting notes in random books at a bookstore,
blowing up anthills and eating beef jerky,
dancing with him while standing on his feet,
taking her home when she throws up at school,
then kissing her on the cheek and taking a nap with her,
sitting on the floor at Hastings with Starbucks and looking at random books,
buying pet rats just because you wanted to,
buying her a big cup of ice from Sonic,
not making him pay for everything,
taking long drives and talking about random stuff,
staring into each others eyes and smiling,
taking 30 minutes to type a sweet long text message just to show that you care,
carrying her inside when she falls asleep in your car,
making fart noises on each others bellies,
staring at them when the door is open in the classroom across the hall,
talking in cute silly voices to each other with wide eyes,
seeing her at her worst and still calling her beautiful,
telling her to call you if she can't sleep no matter what time it is,
not calling him because you want to let him sleep,
still feeling the same spark you did at first every time you kiss,
singing loudly together,
roasting marshmallows for them just how they like them,
walking barefoot outside in freezing cold weather because he wants to,
playing Call of Duty with him even though you suck,
and most of all, true love is being able to understand how the other feels without them even saying a word.
What Corvin and Amber are experiencing is not just any old love, it's true love. :)"

↑↑
Is that not cute or what?!?!
I really wish I could ask if Corvin and Amber if they're still together. I mean, that was posted in January, so you never know what could happen in almost a year. I hope they are. Me being the romantic I am, I always want to believe in true love.

Let's look up soul mates shall we?

"It's like what Aristotle says about true friendship:
'One soul in two bodies.'

Not necessarily anything cheesy like you're "meant to be together" forever, but two people who compliment each other so well that it TRULY seems like they are one soul lingering in two bodies."

↑↑
Well. I have definitely never found my soul mate then. Because seriously, NOBODY really compliments my personality. It's pretty hard for anyone to understand my thoughts and gets along with me.

"Two people that are supposedly perfect for each other and meant to be together forever.

But for people who actually have a brain, the idea of "soul mates" is ridiculous. There are certain people who are right for you at certain times in your life. There isn't ONE person who you are always supposed to be with forever."

↑↑
Well that seems fucking negative! I've always thought having a soul mate was possible. Maybe I'm just hopeless. I still think this is super negative.


I will definitely have to do more research. Probably check out some romance novels from the library. Romance novels rock anyways. Although they ARE completely fiction...damn it. I know, I'm fishing for excuses to read those stupid novels. Sorry. Let's get into focus again, come on, let's get real! Okay. So. I will post again when I've researched some more. Google just isn't going to cut it. Should I just go around about the street and ask people what True Love is? Probably not.

Let's hear what you think first.

And I'll get back to you. :)


5 comments:

  1. I think your mission resembles cute little hearts penciled on the margin of a test paper. I'm a romantic too, and that's pretty much my main problem. I fall for girls easily, you see, which means the odds of me falling for the wrong girl are so much higher. Ugh, disaster every time. I like the blog you just wrote and I'll be a martyr for your cause, all you gotta do is call on me when you need back-up!

    "Squad 51, squad 51.. requesting back-up down by the Broken Hearts Clinic on Dead End Ave."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this entry and the effort you're putting into it!

    As for my opinion: I don't know. I can't say exactly what true love is. I don't think any of us can really understand it until it actually happens to us.

    I've always liked to picture it the way it was in the old days - for my grandparents, ya know? That kind of love. The kind of love, where, even if you don't get married by 16, 18, or 20 like they did in the old days because of school or something like that, since these days more people go to college and all - well, I'd just like to think that true love is what you have when you know that if you DID get married after just a few months of knowing each other, even though it wouldn't be convenient, it'd still be right and you have no doubt about it.

    For now I have alot of doubts as you may too, but I think we'll both find true love one day. Or, better yet, it'll just find us.

    <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't explain it. I can't define it. But I know it exists. It found me 30 years ago. And it continues to this day.
    NOTE: It found me. I wasn't looking for it. In fact I had given up on the idea. At age 28, I was satisfied with casual romance and had given up on the idea of "TRUE LOVE" then BLAMMO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first thing to remember that love, like everything, is a choice. There is no fate. You are the one who decides if someone is more valuable to you than your personal comfort. Of course they are also free to decide if you are more valuable to them than themselves. Selfishness and fear are the biggest love killers.
    A lot of people confuse physical attraction with love. They are different.
    Physical attraction like love exists when you decide that you want it.
    You will not find a perfect person. What makes you giddy in love is when you see the person you chose give up their favorite things or oldest habits to make sure that you are happy and comfortable. You get giddy in love when you can trust the person you picked with your most deeply hidden thoughts and they either laugh with you at it, or they hold you when you cry it out. This mutual trust allows you to fully become your best, happiest, most contented self.
    Aaron says: People change as time goes on and you must make a conscious effort to make that person a part of your life.

    P.S. I'd much rather have this conversation in person or over the phone. Feel free to call me. You could always visit Oregon. You've got a standing invitation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. True love us still wanting to cuddle and fall asleep to a movie you've seen 100 times before with your best friend who has walked with you on your path for over 30 years. But it was true love then as well... and it bagan with friendship for us.

    And for me... True love will always have a Christed feeling to it... not a religious feeling, but a real live Love that goes beyond all descriptions...

    By the way... I love this project of yours!

    ReplyDelete