Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Deteriorating

Why do i feel like I'm slowly deteriorating?

Depression has slipped it's strong grip around my throat and is slowly choking me. My creativity left me. I try to take creative photography shots, but I'm left with boring, already done ideas. I feel like an ugly waste of a person. I've looked the same way for about a year. I'm tired of the way i look. I need a job desperately. When I'm not busy doing something, i go crazy. I'm tired of not doing something productive.

Also, I've finally admitted to my alcoholism. It's a big disappointment to me. My parents are being very supportive. But I couldn't look my dad in the eyes and tell him that i fell off the wagon again. I drank yesterday. He's been so proud of me! He'll look at me and say, "And who's been sober for two weeks now? Becki!" But no. It hasn't even been twenty four hours of sobriety. You'd think I'd be able to handle this. I was in rehab for depression two years ago, but they also taught me the same tools to help with addictions. It's so hard. I didn't know addictions were this tough to kick. I'm around alcohol all the time....and if someone offers it to me, it takes a whole hell of a lot of power to say no. I don't want to be an alcoholic. At the same time my brain scrambles for justifications to why it's okay for me to drink.

I need help. Thank God i have therapy tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I awoke to a day of hope.
    Lately I do more often than not.
    A huge peace entered my heart
    some time ago
    that refuses to depart.

    I started believing in me.
    I started believing that
    I really wasn’t a doomed being at all.

    And looking out from my shell
    I began to realize
    that no one around me
    carried that status as well.

    Not the flocks in the field,
    or the fowls of the air,
    or the flora and fauna that support
    the life of all.

    I realized a while back
    that I had bought into the “Lie”
    that I was separate
    from all there is…
    that somehow I had deserved to be
    “separated from God.”

    The only change I made
    from transforming sorrow
    to Joy
    was to seek inside my own heart,
    and find that I never had been separated at all.

    It has all been an illusion
    of man’s desire…

    Not the reality of Creation.


    Part of How Did I Make It To 2008 by Bruce Bushman
    Check out his blog and read his poems. His blog is called Skybird.


    Choose Fear.
    Or choose Love.

    Both are powerful,
    but only one is real.

    ReplyDelete